LONG RANGE PRECISION III
EXTREME HUNTER COURSE
Course Cost $750
This course is designed as a back country long range hunting class. Students will pack in all required gear on day one, set up class base camp and enhance the camp with teamwork daily. Students will carry equipment they may need for the hunt, carry water filtration systems, food as they move daily. This class is on foot with realistic hikes to glass for targets, target detection/ID and then engage targets using practical shooting positions using what equipment they choose to carry. Quality footwear, clothing and wet weather gear is essential.
Station training sessions between target locations will include: wilderness first aid, practical fire starting, water filtration methods, essential knots, basics of land navigation (map and compass).
All scenarios will be realistic hunting based stages. Tripods/lite weight mini game changer bag/ hog saddle, natural supports, backpacks, etc will be used during the shooting.
- Ground Pad if desired
- Large & Small pocket notepad for Data Collection
- Sand sock/Rear bag (supports buttstock)
- Padded Drag bag or padded rifle case
- Pens, Pencils & note taking material-Inclement (COLD/RAIN) weather gear
- Spotting Scope (at least 25x+ optic), with tripod
- Eye/Ear Protection
- Backpack w/h camelback 100oz./Canteen, ABLE to carry your equipment while on the move.
- Solar calculator
- Tripod w/ Hog or Pig Saddle rifle craddle
- Sling w/ carabiner
- We Recommend the Hog Saddle SS Loophole Sling
- Precision Rifle caliber sufficient for LR application ( 1 MOA accuracy or better recommended)
- Rifle Scope (At Least 10x)
- Rifle scope with sufficient MOA/MIL adjustments for Elevation (20 moa base recommended)
- Swivel Bipod for Rifle platform
- 300 rounds of match grade ammunition (BTHP) recommended.
- Bottled water and snacks
- Sunscreen, hat, Bug/Tick spray
- Comfortable heavy material clothing recommended.
- Comfortable hiking shoes/boots
- Camping gear
- tent, sleeping bag and pad, cooking utensils, food for all days,
hygiene items, lighting, camping chair, and camping comforts.
- trekking poles
LRPR II (Invitation to proceed to LRPR III)
Physical preparation is very important for this type of course, get out and hike, work your backpack weight up to 30lbs + as you prepare for this course.