INTRO TO LONG RANGE/ LONG RANGE HUNTER :
Course Cost $650
This Course is commonly used as an Introductory to Long Range Precision Course I but is not required for LRPR I. There is a natural progression from one Course to the next. Hunters that want to understand their equipment and shooting limits before the hunt then this course is designed with you in mind.
Gain the Confidence before the Hunt of a Lifetime !!
We encourage a BDC reticle or tactical scope for this course, although we can teach you how to get the most out of your duplex reticle as well. We will also discuss the difference of first focal plane & second focal plane scopes - and how they can effect point of impact. We will discuss the "Ethical" distance limitation of your rifle, ammo, equipment & yourself before the hunt.
- Intro/Safety Briefing
- Fundamentals of Long Range
- Proper body position
- Nomenclature of rifle set up
- Trigger control
- Proper gun fit
- Zero Rifles
- Spotters responsibilities
- Calling the wind
- Understanding mirage & bullet trace
- Learn to make corrections
- External Ballistics
- Shooter/spotter communication
- Known Distance Range 100 - 800 yards
- Practical shooting positions in the field
- Cold Bore Scenario
- Various locations, using all concepts previously learned, using equipment you could be hunting with.
Please come with rifles zeroed at 100 yards.
Precision Rifle (6cm-300prc)
- 1 MOA accuracy or better recommended
- Rifle scope with tactical style turrets (min. 10x)
- Swivel bipod (Harris, Atlas, Warne etc)
140 rounds match grade ammo
Spotting scope and tripod (we have extra to borrow)
Proper clothing and shoes
Backpack or range bag for gear
Plenty of water and snacks with lunch
Sunscreen, bug spray and comfort items
Give us a call or email and we can discuss any equipment issues or concerns. If you need recommendations for quality equipment, we will gladly give you our opinions. Your budget is often what dictates what we will recommend. Check our store for equipment needs, we have prices at Minimum Allowable dealer prices for your benefit.
***A full payment or 50% deposit is required to secure a spot in all of our classes. Classes fill up quickly. When making a deposit, the remainder balance is due before the class start date. Class registration is in the store.***